Durian was originally found in Indonesia, where the name “durian” related to ber-duri or duri which means ‘sharp thorn’ in Bahasa Indonesia.
Named in some regions as the “king of fruits”, the durian is distinctive for its large size, strong odour, and thorn-covered rind. The fruit can grow as large as 30 centimetres long and 15 centimetres in diameter, and it typically weighs one to three kilograms.
When can I pick it?
Between april and august
- A good source of energy
- Acts as a natural anti-depressant
- For healthy bones and teeth
- Aids in delaying aging
- For a healthy digestive system
- Maintaining blood sugar levels
- Maintaining blood pressure levels
- Beneficial for Anaemic patients
- red durian tempoyak
- fried durian chips
- Thai massaman curry